Case Study: Loyalty Management
Our Client is a well-known global brand and rated as the top hotel chain in many categories in business, travel and leisure. It is a leading player in the hotels and hospitality business with 130 properties and associated interests in travel, leisure and flight kitchens.
The Hotels’ Loyalty Program targets frequent visitors to its hotels and Food & Beverage outlets. The operations of the existing Loyalty Program were managed through two discrete non-integrated applications – “Leads Manager” and “Membership Manager”.
The Hotel Chain needed a comprehensive application that could seamlessly integrate all activities to enable them to provide a high level of service to their clients; effectively and efficiently.
Iris helped create a solution that meet the business needs of the client.
The solution consisted of
- A scalable application architecture to meet dynamic business and operational needs of the new Loyalty Program.
- Integration with a third party Facilities Management System (FMS) – Fidelio, operational at all the properties.
- Integration with their POS (Point of Sale) application.
- A Web interface to assist members to perform a number of management activities on their membership.
- A robust security mechanism with support for multi-level security features.
In addition, Iris faced and overcame many challenges including
- Building and delivering a production-worthy application within five calendar months
- Synchronizing and working with the Hotel Chain’s users and Technology team located at three separate properties.
- Conversion of data from the legacy system to the new system.
- Increased loyalty by 20% in the first six months of rollout (measured in terms of cross-selling between their Hotels and Food & Beverage Outlets).
- Lowered ongoing support and maintenance costs of the application by 45%.
- Tools: .NET, SQL Server 2005, VB.Net, ASP.Net
- Interfaces: Fidelio, External POS systems