Case Study: RFID Middleware Development & Solutions
Our client is a leading provider of RFID middleware software. The software collects data efficiently from RFID Devices from the ‘Edge of the Enterprise’ and enables custom development of integrated workflow with Enterprise systems.
Our client’s product is taken to market through software, consulting and System integrator partners. The client’s challenges include:
- With increasing acceptance of their software, demand for increased customization in solutions from partners and consumers.
- Changing regulatory & statutory environment for all components within the RFID Ecosystem.
- Increased number of hardware vendors meant constantly evolving development needs, leading to spiraling costs.
Iris helped the client overcome the above mentioned challenges by:
- Building a dedicated team to handle a number of specialized technical tasks within a RFID solution.
- Cross-skilling team members to take up different challenges.
- Building components to extend the product to comply with standards such as EPCIS, LLRP and TDS.
- Developed solution accelerators for our client’s partners and consumers.
- A test automation team that inter alia developed emulators for UID & Tag print compliance.
- Over time, reduced overall cost of product.
- Quick turnaround times for enhancements and/or requests by consumers.
- Enhanced throughput for solution delivery.
- .NET 2.0, .Net Remoting, SQL Server 2005, C#, ASP.Net, Viewer, HTML help workshop, Moxa Boxes, Active Home Pro, Silk Test 8.0