At Iris, we firmly believe that good corporate governance drives growth and creates long-term value for all our stakeholders. We are committed to adopting best practices in corporate governance and conducting business ethically.
Our corporate governance is built on the principles of integrity, fairness, equality, transparency, accountability and commitment to values. Our governance practices reflect our culture and how we are organized. We ensure effective corporate governance in our company through a regular review, preferably a regular independent review.
Our stakeholders across the globe have keen interest in the practices and performance of our company; therefore, corporate governance holds center stage for us and will continue to do so.
Our corporate governance philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Satisfy the spirit of the law and not just the letter of the law. Corporate governance standards should go beyond the law.
- Management is the trustee of the shareholders’ capital and not the owner.
- Be transparent and maintain a high degree of disclosure at all levels. When in doubt, disclose it.
- Make a clear distinction between personal convenience and corporate resources.
- Have a simple and transparent corporate structure driven solely by business needs.
- Comply with the laws in all the countries in which we operate.
- Communicate externally, in a truthful manner, about how the company is run internally.