Iris seamlessly transitions to fully remote operations to ensure employee health & safety, while remaining firmly committed to our customer's success
The coronavirus pandemic has created an unprecedented situation for the entire business world and the larger society. In response to the situation and staying committed to our core values of Customer Delight and Employee Happiness, Iris demonstrated purpose-driven leadership to execute a comprehensive action plan for proactive mitigation of risks and transitioning the business to a fully remote operation, effective March 23, 2020.
We transitioned more than 1500 employees at all our locations in USA and India to start Working from Home with no disruption to services to our customers. A Pandemic Response Team (PRT) comprising of senior executives from Operations, InfoSec, Infrastructure/Facilities, Human Resources and Customer facing delivery teams were created. The PRT and other support staff at Iris worked round the clock to complete this transition within a short span of 7 days.
The swiftness and agility of execution of these actions, while ensuring no disruption to services, demonstrates our firm commitment to the success of our customers. We are operating “Business as Usual” and we are fully prepared to support customers during these challenging times and with their ongoing business growth plans.
Continuity of Business Operations
Iris remains committed to the safety and well-being of our strongest assets i.e. our employees and to our responsibilities to the society. Below are some of the actions that we have undertaken for our customers and our employees:
Employee Health & Safety
- All employees setup with logistics, infrastructure and connectivity and are working from home
- Additional compliance checks in place, guidelines implemented and training imparted for effective and compliant remote working
- Infrastructure & customer network connectivity revalidated at secondary offices (standby option)
- Flexible working hour provision to support customer needs, specifically for the Pandemic situation
- Strengthened governance and monitoring to ensure productivity and quality of services and deliverables
Talent Acquisition, Onboarding & Engagement
- Providing COVID-19 specific health information to all employees
- Revision to the organizational leave policy with a provision for enhanced paid leaves for COVID-19
- Extension of COVID-19 insurance coverage for employees
- Expense policy extended with reimbursement for transport and communication costs for business use
- Transition to a fully virtual talent acquisition process with safeguards for effectiveness
- Fully online, lean on-boarding process for new joiners with comprehensive integration plan
- Comprehensive employee engagement plan with regular connects and focus on their mental and physical health and well being
Regular advisories to employees and customers with updates to Iris’ response, policy changes, support coverage, travel and other health and safety measures
- Pandemic response team sharing regular email and mobile alerts on ongoing developments with all employees
- Enhanced communication and escalation plan to ensure effective collaboration across Iris teams and with customers
- 24x7 Employee information helpdesk over WhatsApp
While employee health and safety is a key focus, Iris continues to remain committed to timely and quality service delivery for making our customer's
successful. Iris’s Pandemic Response Team is closely monitoring the situation and will adapt and extend the action plans as needed.