For every dollar spent on new application development, global enterprises are estimated to spend as much as $5 in application maintenance and support. Big opportunities are being thrown up by the emergence of new technologies including cloud, mobility, analytics and social media.
At the same time, the global economic crisis has led to businesses facing extreme cost pressures. Outsourcing of application maintenance and support functions to specialist firms helps companies to not only reduce overall IT costs, but also improve productivity.Why Iris
Organizations have to continue providing maintenance and support to existing applications in spite of challenges such as changing business practices, revised user priorities, depleted budgets and staff attrition. They require reliable partners who can take on the challenge of providing ongoing maintenance and support.
Iris' proven track record includes:
- Web portals and applications
- Business intelligence systems
- Enterprise applications – HRMS, financial planning, MRP and ERP
- Test beds and quality control systems
Our best practices in application maintenance and support include:
- Understanding and documenting technical, systems/infrastructure, process and functional aspects of applications
- Preparing standard operating procedures for support request types by evaluating
- Evaluating features/wish lists for application and/or system upgrades
- 'Assess-transfer-maintain' – a transparent approach that ensures that this critical service is handled with clearly defined expectations