The product engineering services space is witnessing a lot of action, as manufacturing companies around the globe grapple with new technologies, including the Internet of Things, cloud computing, enterprise mobility and BYOD (bring your own device). According to estimates, the product engineering services outsourcing business is expected to balloon to $200 billion by 2015 and gallop at a rapid clip after that.
The proliferating growth of smart electronic products, including billions of new devices such as smartphones and tablets, is forcing manufacturers to consider issues such as the network, data security, application and device management, and interoperability with various networks. To survive in an extremely competitive environment, they need to collaborate with product engineering partners that have the necessary technology expertise and domain knowledge.
Leadership in the product marketplace stems from such factors as time-to-market, quality, extensibility, scalability, innovation, and partnerships. Iris is a partner to market leaders in niche verticals/domains. We use proven methodology, mature processes and a flexible model for engaging with product
companies at various stages of their evolution. Our team has experience with start-ups, early stage and mature product companies.
Iris offers these differentiated services:
- Product and component development
- Product maintenance
- Product integration
- Automation testing
- Product modernization and re-engineering
Our best practices in managing product development for technology companies include:
- Understanding of software engineering processes and industry-specific best practices
- Design and test methodologies and software tools
- Capturing explicit and tacit knowledge related to products, their usability, and their functionality
- Build data models and solutions conducive to rapid application development
- Map emerging technologies into a product and/or application
- Formally interface with different functional and remote groups of an engineering team
- Define and implement controlled work environments, such as for build, release and versioning
- Create product and project documentation at both technical and user levels
- Assist in the transitioning of product and business knowledge
- Best practices in project management