Diversity and Inclusion
Building a diverse workforce starts with recruiting and celebrating differences..
Iris at a glance
Diversity and inclusion are integral to our culture that drives shared core values across our people, business and community. We invest in our people to empower them to realize their full potential and created a positive impact in the communities in which we work. Below are excerpts from relevant company policies, processes and practices.
Workforce Hiring & Applicants Tracking Process
Building a diverse workforce starts with our recruiting efforts and providing continuous education to our employees on embracing and celebrating the cultural differences of our employees.
Prospective candidates are provided options to disclose their nationality, gender, and veteran status to ensure that we have diversity in the mix of candidates we submit to our clients. We strive to:
- Increase diversity at every level of our organization to better reflect our customer base and the communities we serve.
- Drive and measure the impact diversity and inclusion has on business results.
- Recognize, maximize and reward behaviors that foster a diverse and inclusive culture.
We partner with organizations making a positive impact such as Women in Business (NY/NJ); GroWiT Mentoring Women in Technology; TechYes!; VetsinTech NYC and Diversity & Inclusion in Tech.
As a National Partner of the National Minority Supplier Diversity Supplier Development Council, we participate in its activities.
We seek to ensure that all of our business partners and suppliers are committed to conducting business with the highest possible standards in regard to ethics, labor, employee health and safety, diversity and the preservation of our environment.
Ethics & Conduct
We recognize that our success and reputation are built on the principles of fair dealing and the ethical conduct of our employees. Our reputation for integrity and excellence requires careful observance of all applicable laws and regulations, as well as a scrupulous regard for the highest standards of conduct and personal integrity.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, all employment decisions at our company will be based on merit, qualifications and our needs. We do not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, veteran status, medical conditions, family care status, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities to the extent required by law unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Sexual and Other Unlawful Harassment
We are committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination and conduct that can be considered harassing, coercive, or disruptive, including sexual harassment. Actions, words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, citizenship status or any other legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is evident across our activities and other endeavors. Notable among those are:
- We conducted a panel discussion on “Female Leaders in Financial Services Technology” and “How Women are creating impact in their organizations.” Panelists spoke about the need to be fearless and get one’s voice heard; the need for a mentor early in one’s career; and how life events like motherhood need to be celebrated and accepted. Richa Jain, Senior Project Manager at Iris was named among the Top 100 Great People Managers in a study by Forbes India and Great Manager Institute. More than 6,300 managers from 1,100+ organizations participated in this survey in 2020.
- We run family-friendly and diversity-focused programs including on ergonomics, wellness, yoga and women’s health awareness.