Iris commemorates Women in Tech at NYC event
A celebration of women leadership in IT with an engaging panel discussion
To mark International Women’s Month, Iris Software organized an inaugural Women-in-Tech Celebration at the World Trade Center in New York City on March 9, 2023.
At the event, nearly sixty-five women clients and other guests celebrated the theme of gender equality, success, and leadership for women in tech. Iris CEO and Co-founder, Sanjiv Khanna, opened the featured program with remarks on inclusion and Iris initiatives. The guests were treated to breathtaking views of the New York Harbor, Statue of Liberty, and New York/New Jersey skyline.
A panel of five eminent women leaders from Iris client companies in Toronto, Florida, New York, and New Jersey engaged in informative discussion around the topic of diversified work cultures in technology. The panelists – CIOs, Managing Directors, Unit Heads, and VPs from top companies – shared experiences and insights from their personal and professional journeys.
Key highlights of the panel discussion included:
- Advantages and disadvantages of focusing on workplace diversity
- Role of technology in gender equality
- Representation of women leaders in technology
- Impact of sponsorship and different leadership styles
- Role of self-reflection and self-promotion
- Strategies to promote and uplift more women in the technology sector
- How each one of us can help this cause
Iris extends gratitude to all the guests, especially the women leaders who comprised the panel.