After a comprehensive analysis, we rationalized, classified and distributed the client’s applications portfolio in four areas:
1) upgrade and continue to maintain;
2) rewrite to modernize;
3) consolidate overlapping applications using a framework approach; and,
The idea was to deliver maximum value at the lowest cost possible and ensure the system complied with security standards.
Here’s what we did for the client:
- Upgraded the technology stack for the application(s) to lower maintenance costs, improve efficiency and meet growing business needs.
- Used an in-house technology modernization framework to reduce development and maintenance costs.
- Consolidated applications that were doing similar tasks and had similar features and modernized them.
- Retired applications, whose features were available through other applications.
The success of our solution was based on our ability to quickly gather complete information about the existing applications. To do that, we used a questionnaire that we have developed and refined over the years that helps us gather information in a structured and comprehensive manner about the architecture, user base, maintenance methodology, etc.