The client wanted to expand its reach to Canada, Europe, and APAC regions to meet the requirements for a 10x increase in their user base. Legacy application infrastructure and code built on the old tech stack, with high technical debt, were slowing down the rollout of new features, making the client less competitive. The infra-deployment process was only partially automated, stretching the time-to-market to three months. The total cost of ownership was relatively high. HIPPA and PII compliance were also not supported.
Iris modernized the application into microservices, built the infrastructure using Terraform and automated its provisioning and configuration.
- Application developed using .NET 5 and Vue.js
- Architecture transformed into cloud-native
- AWS Managed Services, including Secrets Manager, AWS Transfer Family, RDS, EKS, Route 53, CloudFront, and S3, configured using Terraform
- EKS Cluster and associated components provisioned via Terraform
- App pushed to container registry using GitLab pipeline
- Secrets (API keys, database connection strings, etc.) and app images moved to EKS Cluster using S3 Bucket Helm
- Static code analysis, coverage and vulnerability scans integrated to ensure code quality and reduce configuration issues
Our DevOps solution enabled the client to achieve significant benefits, including:
- Application launch in Canada and Europe; Asia Pacific release in the pipeline
- HIPPA and PII compliance
- 5x scalability improvement from weekly average usage
- Time-to-market reduced from three months to 3 weeks
- Total cost of ownership lowered by 50%